McMURDO SmartFind E8/G8 Auto EPIRB12/10/2020
McMURDO Smartfind S5A AIS-SART13/10/2020
McMURDO SmartFind G8-AIS Manual EPIRB
The SmartFind G8 AIS EPIRB is the first beacon in the market that meets the new global requirement to include AIS signals in EPIRBs deployed in SOLAS vessels from 2022.
The McMurdo SmartFind G8 AIS is the world’s first EPIRBs to include 406MHz, 121.5MHz, AIS and GNSS (better known as GPS) to accelerate search and rescue. The unique power of these new award winning beacons is in the flexibility and additional tracking capabilities long demanded by maritime customers. This will further reduce rescue times by combining the global location power of 406MHz with the localized rescue capacities of AIS, first introduced to the world in McMurdo’s AIS MOB range.
Life Saving Innovation
- The world’s first EPIRB to include localised alert and recovery via AIS.
- Unique location detection with the world’s first EPIRB to combine the GNSS coverage of GPS and the precision location of Galileo.
- Combining the benefits of multiple life saving products in one beacon.
Futureproof Your Safety
The innovative SmartFind G8 AIS EPIRB is designed to accelerate rescue and manufactured to meet the latest international mandates. The world’s first AIS EPIRB, the multi award winning G8 AIS, is the only beacon that meets SOLAS 2022 AIS requirements.
- Built in AIS
- Multi GNSS including Galileo
- Accidental activation protection
- Rugged construction optimised for commercial environments
- Hands free carry strap
- 360-degree strobe
- Comes with safety bracket
- 10-year battery life
- Sealed Electronic Unit
- Sealed Battery Unit
- Manual/Auto release options
−Manual Activation EPIRBs
The unit comes in a Travel Safe bracket which prevents accidental activation of the water switches. This needs to be removed and the unit submerged to activate. Alternatively, users can lift the red tab and activate directly. Typically the manual EPIRB is considered the crews’ emergency beacon and travels with the crew on to the life-raft.
- SmartTransfer Bracket
- Magnet deactivates sea contacts during transport
- Prevents unwanted activations
- Best to mount on bulkheads in clear view near emergency exit
WARNING: The EPIRB will NOT be activated by water while it is in the manual brackets or in its carry-safe bracket. The EPIRB must be removed from all parts of the manual bracket before it will activate in water.